While I wasn’t blogging in 2016 (again, sorry!) I was reading. I read 46 books and I have to say I’m pretty bloody proud of that. While I didn’t meet my reading goal of 50 books, I still read a lot of books.
For this post I thought, instead of just listing all the books I read, I’m going to use the system the wonderful Booktuber, Ariel Bissett uses at the end of the year, which pleases my OCD greatly, and that is to list my favourite books, my least favourite books, the books with the most beautiful covers, and my favourite author of the year.
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
- Nimona by Noelle Stevenson
- It’s Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini
- The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch
- The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet by Becky Chambers
Some of my favourite books also have my favourite covers (The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet being my definite favourite) , but to add diversity to this I’m choosing different books.
- Made You Up by Francesca Zappia
- The Revenant by Michael Punke
- Jonathan Dark or The Evidence of Ghosts by A. K. Benedict
This has got to go to Scott Lynch. I started reading his Gentleman Bastard series and it is just so brilliant. He introduces us to a new world with new concepts, and somehow manages to develop the characters too!
I hope you have a great 2017!