I’ve never done a ‘life update’ style post for some reason, but I think with all my absences and all the craziness going on I really should. I have a feeling this is going to be a long post, so I’m just going to make points.
- I’m in a book reading slump. For the past week I haven’t read any books, only fanfiction. I think this is because the book I am currently read is the last in a trilogy of books which are all long, and complicated, with a lot of politics, and, while they are very good, they have sort of drained my passion to read out of me. I’ve decided I won’t be reviewing this trilogy because I feel as if my judgement is strangely clouded when it comes to this trilogy. This is also the reason why I didn’t do my WWW Wednesday post this week as I’m not really reading much so it would have been quite a short and dull post.
- I am currently looking for a part time job. I am becoming increasingly broke recently, and I really need a job. I’ve spent ages walking around town and going into shops and handing strangers my CV in hope they’ll hire me. My current possibilities are a shoe shop, a shop that sells children’s clothes (though I hate children), and a electrical shop that said I would have to work from 6am to midday. Why do they need someone in at the ass-crack of dawn?!
- I have a stupidly long list of books sent to me by authors and publishers. I really have trouble saying no because it’s free books. How do you say no to that? I really need to learn to though since I already have so many to read. (This is not me rubbing this in in anyway! I am literally just stating a fact).
- I am visiting an old friend from the July 14th to July 16th. She lives over an hour away and we’ve been friends for years, and I can’t wait to spend time with her. The only issue is that I’m not sure I’ll be able to post then either, but I might be able to commandeer her laptop for a little while.
- I have YALC from July 17th to July 19th. I am really looking forward to going, but it’s going to be so hectic! There’s going to be so many authors and books and fun things I can’t wait! Tell me in the comments if you’re going to YALC this year.
- I am planning to do a ‘day in the life’ style post for when I visit my friend and for when I go to YALC, but only in pictures. This means that there will be no writing, just pictures. There’s no guarantees that this will happen though. Is this something you’ll enjoy?
- Sometime in August/September I am going to start studying three A Levels at home. I’ve chosen to do homeschooling due to my anxiety, but I don’t want to have to put off going to university for another two years, so instead I will be doing all three A Levels in one year, which is not going to be easy. I will have to study a minimum of 30 hours a week, so I might have to cut down on my posts. Also for all of you who are curious as to what I’m studying – which I doubt will be many of you – I’ll be studying English Literature, Classical Civilisations, and Philosophy.
- My June Favourites post is going to be up very late. I usually aim to have it up by the 6th of each month at the latest, but I have yet to put it up because I’m too lazy and tired. I was going to make up some intricate lie about how I can’t, but honestly I have become so very lazy when it comes to blogging and it’s really irritating.
- I am sorry to everyone who has nominated me for an award or tagged me to do a tag post. I will get round to it some time, but at this rate I won’t promise soon.
- I am also really really sorry for those whose comments I haven’t replied to, and whose links I haven’t checked out. I keep saying I’ll get round to it but it never happens. I think I need to spend one day soon just doing a mass reply session followed by an update of blog, because some of the pages need altering.
I knew this was going to be a long post. I am one of those people who hates having a hectic life, but recently that’s what it’s come to. I enjoy seeing my friends and all, but it’s the fact I have to go out so much when it’s sunny and humid that makes it sometimes sort of hard. (I hate the summer).