I read a grand total of 2 books in March. Yeah, I know, it isn’t the best. But I still read more books than I did in February – which was absolutely nothing. Anywho, since this post would be pretty short if it was just about the two books I read in March, I decided to make this a March book haul too.
First for the wrap up!
- Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard – This was a re-read for me and, while it wasn’t as interesting as the first time, it was still pretty good. I’ve reviewed it already to click here if you want to learn more about the book.
- Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard – This is the sequel to Red Queen and I really enjoyed it. It had a lot of shock factor in this one and the ending is driving my crazy with need for the next book in the series. I think I give this a solid 4 out of 5.
- The Fellowship of the Ring by J. R. R. Tolkien – I’ve only read The Hobbit by Tolkien and I loved it, so I want to finally read The Lord of the Rings.
- Red Dwarf Omnibus by Grant Naylor – My boyfriend got me this for my birthday, knowing that I love TV show Red Dwarf. This has the first two novels of the series, and the first draft of the pilot episode of the TV show. I’m going to love reading this.
- The Magicians’ Guild by Trudi Canavan – This is just a book I picked up in a bookshop thinking it looks good. I’ve read a little bit of it already and, from what I can tell, it’s about a girl finding out that she has magic and hiding from this guild of magicians who want her to join them. Basically the title is pretty self-explanatory.
- The Girl in the Spider’s Web by David Lagercrantz – I’m really wary when it comes to reading this book since it’s carrying on a series which was originally written by a different author. I just pray this is good!
So there are the books I have read and bought in March. What do you think of them? Are any of the ones in the haul any good?