For those of you who don’t now, I moved to France this week to live with my parents. Quick clarification: my parents aren’t French and I don’t speak French. Anywho, on August 23rd my boyfriend, Joey, and I flew from England to France, and I decided to record our day in photos.
I’m doing this because I want this blog to be more personal. Books may be a very important part of my life, but they aren’t everything. So this is me letting you get to know me a bit better. Tell me in the comments what you think about that.
This is going to be a long post…
1) Joey, my boyfriend, and I had to get up at stupid o’clock in the morning to catch our flight, which is the time both of us usually go to sleep. Basically we had zero sleep.
2) I was not a happy duck.
3) After a lot of last minute packing and tired grumbling I said goodbye to my bedroom – the dark blob in the picture is my bed – for good (which didn’t make me want to cry at all)…
4) You know it’s an early flight when it’s too dark to read in the taxi on the way to the airport.
5) At the airport there was just the usual queuing…
6) And waiting…
7) And shopping…
8) And selfie taking (I was too tired to smile properly)…
9) And eating the worst orange slices I have ever had…
10) And then finally it was time for the flight!
11) I said goodbye to England.
12) I then said, “F**k off,” to my boyfriend who tried to take my photo.
13) Joey then slept while I glared at him for sleeping while I can’t (I am that sort of person).
14) And then we finally landed, and I was one step closer to bed.
15) Also, quick little factoid, I overpack. I had two very large suitcases, and two very overpacked carry ons.
16) See that bald man wearing a green shirt in the distance. Well that’s my dad pushing the trolley with suitcases on it.
17) This was one of my favorurite parts of the day where I got to see my puppies again! The Labrador is Cookie, and the Yorkie is Sherlock.
18) My bed was also a wonderful sight.
19) This was also my first time seeing my new bookshelf! The books desperately need organising though.
20) And then it was nap time.
21) Over five hours later we both woke up and saw my giant cat, Malika!
22) My parents decided to welcome us with a roast, and we had loads of Yorkshire puddings! Look at how beautiful they are! I missed them so much!
23) I sort of demolished the roast before I could take a picture of it. Sorry! It was just so good!
24) Here’s another cute animal pic with Cookie and Malika.
25) She’s my little lion.
26) One thing I love about France is that you can get ONE KILO BAGS OF M&M’s!
27) And then it was bedtime.